Welcome to the Same Type Attack Bonus podcast, your twice monthly look into the deeper worlds of Pokémon! On this episode, recorded Friday, August 12, 2016, trainers Slagkick, Spike, and Sulker give an introduction to team building in the core Pokémon games.
- Pokémon Uranium, a fan game nine years in the making, has been released.
- A group of strangers came to play Pokémon Go with a young man with autism after he had been bullied.
- New Alolan forms and 7th generation Pokémon have been revealed for Pokémon Sun and Moon, as well as the villains, Team Skull!
- The Pokémon 2016 World Championships will not be open to the public.
- Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel is coming to North America and Europe later this year.
- Pokémon Go’s partnership with McDonald’s has boosted the fast food chain’s profits in Japan.
This week, Slagkick leads the trainers in a introductory discussion about team building in the core Pokémon games. Starting with concepts such as type matchups, stats, and movesets, the trainers discuss the various roles that Pokémon can serve in competitive battle and begin to dig into the deep metagame of competitive Pokémon team building.
Resources discussed on air:
This week, the trainers discuss Episodes 5-8 of Pokémon: XY!
This week, we’re giving an introduction to team building! Do you have any strategies or go-to Pokémon that you consider when putting a team together?
Our Pokémon of the week is the Purrfect partner Meowth! What are your thoughts on this sassy kitty?
The Pokémon of the Week is Meowth!
- Voice of Geeks Network
- Pokéstop Podcast
- Game Buoy
- Reading is Fundamental
- Orange Lounge Radio
- It’s Super Effective
- Dungeons and Dragonites
Our music is good. Theme music is “Professor Sycamore’s Theme” by Nathan Sharp.