Welcome to the Same Type Attack Bonus podcast, your twice monthly look into the deeper worlds of Pokémon! On this episode, recorded Sunday, July 31, 2016, trainers Sulker, Spike, and Slagkick discuss the mechanics of EVs and IVs in the main Pokémon games.
- Pokémon Go has topped the 75 million downloads mark worldwide!
- New Pokémon have been revealed for Sun and Moon, along with new Global Link features.
- Pokémon Go Plus has been pushed back until September.
- The leaders for Team Valor, Team Mystic, and Team Instinct were revealed at San Diego Comic Con.
- A new Pokémon Go update has been released.
- The latest Pokémon Go update changed how the tracking system works for nearby Pokémon.
- Pokémon Sun and Moon will have a way to train Pokémon’s stats beyond Level 100.
This week, trainer Sulker leads Spike and Slagkick in a discussion on the hidden mechanics of EVs and IVs in the core Pokémon games! These values have been in the game code since Generation I and affect the stat growth of Pokémon. The trainers talk about various ways the systems work and how they can allow you to build Pokémon with the ideal stats.
To start learning more about EVs and IVs, a great place to start is Serebii.net!
The Pokémon of the Week is Mewtwo!
This week, the trainers discuss Episodes 1-4 of Pokémon: XY!
This week we’re talking about EVs and IVs! How deep down the rabbit hole (or should that be Bunnelby hole?) have you gone?
And our Pokémon of the week is… Mewtwo! Share your thoughts on Number 150, the genetic Pokémon!
- Voice of Geeks Network
- Pokéstop Podcast
- Game Buoy
- Reading is Fundamental
- Orange Lounge Radio
- It’s Super Effective
- Dungeons and Dragonites
Theme music is “Professor Sycamore’s Theme” by Nathan Sharp.